Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is Thanksgiving morning. Sportakiss the elf is once again on the shelf; I'm surrounded by Tiff, Ethan, and our fur babies; biscuits for breakfast are in the oven; cup-o-coffee is in my favorite mug; the Macy's parade is on the TV (in HD, no less); we're getting ready to head to mom's for a Thanksgiving feast that will be so grand she called to tell me to bring my own to-go containers; I get to spend the holiday with my brother, sister, and all my nieces and nephews; I'm taking a quick peek at facebook and see lots of thankfulness; and everywhere I turn I am made aware of the power of God's love that not just directs my life, but shapes it. Yes indeed, there is a lot for which to be thankful! So know how thankful I am for all of my friends, my family, my church peeps, my Savior, and yes, even the challenges that cause me to grow stronger and stronger. 

May you have a blessed Thanksgiving Day as you pause, identify, and reflect over the many things for which you have to be thankful! And as you celebrate, remember those who are serving our country; protecting and caring for our communities; are working today to make our lives safer, easier and/or more convenient; and especially for those who spend this holiday missing a loved one.





Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!


(This was originally a Facebook post from Thanksgiving morning -- 11/28/13 -- that I wanted to post on my separate blog)

No comments: