Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

I am reminded this Easter morning of a hymn that I sang in the church where I grew up each and every Easter Sunday. It is not in the setlist for worship at The Lighthouse this morning, but I guarantee it will most likely be the song I sing the most through out the day. Here are the lines from the first verse and chorus of "He Lives"*:

I serve a risen Saviour,
He's in the world today;
I know that He is living,
Whatever foes might say;
I see His hand of mercy,
I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him
He's always near.

Chorus:

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and He talks with me
Along life's narrow way.
He lives, He live, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives:
He lives within my heart.


I pray you have an A-mazing Easter with your loved ones today. I know I'm especially excited this year, because directly following the conclusion of worship today, Tiffany, Ethan, and I will join our ENTIRE family on my dad's side in Cordele, GA for Easter dinner. To the best of my recollection, it will be the first Easter dinner I will have ever had with my paternal grandmother. While we're down there, Easter baskets will be opened, eggs will be hunted, and the things that make Easter fun will be celebrated. But my prayer is that while we all enjoy family and some play time, that we remember that this day is as special as it is for one reason, and one reason only: He Lives!

Happy Easter!

*He Lives was written by Alfred Ackley, 1933

No comments: