Monday, January 25, 2010

God Is The Contractor In The Remodel Of Your Life

I ran into a local retailer a while back to pick up a few items. On the window was a sign that said something to the effect of, "Pardon our mess, we're renovating to be able to better serve our customers." When I went inside, I was flabbergasted—the store was going through a major remodel. Aisles were all out of place, items were strewn all over, and there was a nearly overwhelming odor of paint and other chemicals. I considered turning right around and walking out. After all, I thought it made perfect sense for the store to have just closed down until the remodel was complete. That way, its faithful customers would not have to see or smell the state of our trusty disheveled market.

I was pressed for time, so I decided to go ahead and get what I needed, and boy am I gad I did! Though I was initially stunned by the unkempt appearance, I could see something magical taking place before my eyes! Fresh paint was going on the walls. New flooring was being laid. All sorts of decorative touches were being added. Shelves and the goods they held were being moved around for better accessibility and visibility. Surely it was inconvenient because everything was in virtual chaos, but it was obvious what was going on: the store was being transformed, enhanced, and improved!

It did not take long before I saw the master of the reconstruction. The store manager was walking around with the contractor, pointing out things that needed to be done, redone, or whatever. The manager was intimately involved with the work to ensure the store under her care was up to her specifications. All the work was being completed according to a plan to make it better, brighter, and more beneficial to the people who counted on it for life-sustaining food, medicine, and other products. I walked in with a grimace but out with a grin because I could not help but see the symbolism!

When we first accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, a great transformation begins to take place. As Paul says, “…if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5.17, emphasis mine) God moves and begins renovating according to His holy blueprint. God wants to make sure that accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior of our life transforms us from the inside out until we resemble the image of His Son.

God’s divine remodel in our lives is done according to His holy purpose. These changes might seem a little out of order, hectic, or chaotic, but we must hold on in faith to God’s vision for our life. God sees us not only as we are, but as we will be once the remodel is complete. Things might seem out of place right now, but God knows exactly what He is doing. As He says in Jeremiah 29.11, “‘I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” And the good news is, God is intimately involved in the remodel.

God has a plan and a purpose for your life. He wants to make you new! God wants to see you transformed from the inside out so you too can be better, brighter, and more beneficial for yourself, others, and God. The good news is, too, that this is a plan God has been working on since the beginning of time. Jeremiah 1.5 says, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart….” And Romans 8.29 says, “For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son….” God wants like nothing else for us to resemble Jesus and He will stop at nothing to remodel us accordingly!

So trust in God, His love for you, and the plan He has for your life. Trust in the fact He wants to make you new, and embrace the hope of a new you for a better and brighter life! It might seem crazy at first, but God wants to show and share with you the unsearchable riches of being in a relationship with Him!

No comments: