Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm Baaack!




Boy did we have a wonderful time on our little trip to Disney. We LOVE that place! This morning as I was driving Ethan to school, he was really moping. I told him the best thing about coming home from a trip like this one is looking forward to the next one. I'm not sure if he bought it.


Perhaps it's because this was a momentous trip for him. You see, with his growth spurt over the summer, he is now tall enough to ride all but a very few rides at Disney. That meant he was tall enough to ride the famous Space Mountain--something he had been looking forward to for the last year-and-a-half. Tiffany and I debated it and decided we would allow him to ride, making his trip.

We spent two days in the Magic Kingdom. The first day, Space Mountain had been shut down for technical difficulties. He was devastated. The second day, however, the ride was up and he was ready. With a pounding heart, the three of us walked up to the ride and stood outside the entrance. He looked up at me and I captured the expression on his face in a picture. It was a moment he'll never forget. Neither will I.


After the ride, he was ecstatic! A dream had come true and a rite of passage reached. Unfortunately, in a small way, it was all down hill from there. So now we look forward to the next one...


As for me, I hate getting back into gear after a trip...especially to Disney. It's so hard when my mind has been logged off for a couple days. But things are going very well at Lighthouse right now and I'm eager to see how God will bless us this week!
I hope you have a great day and I'll blog again later when my head is back on straight.

No comments: